Each one of us is called to serve by our Baptism. With the aim of continuing to invest in the education of lay Catholics, the Diocese of Saskatoon has an Education of Laity Fund. If you are an individual or group and would like an opportunity to increase your education through a conference, course or program that would benefit your ministry in the Diocese, we would welcome an application for funding.
How does it work?
- You choose a conference, course or program that directly benefits the ministry you offer in the Diocese.
- You talk with your pastor, fill in an application and send it to the Catholic Pastoral Centre.
- We review the application and make a decision about funding.
- Should your application be approved, you receive financial support for an experience that benefits you and the people of your faith community.
Where can you study?
- Locally, nationally or internationally at St. Thomas More College, Queen’s House of Retreats, St. Paul’s Hospital, University of Regina, Newman College, St. Paul’s University, St. Francis Xavier University… etc, etc.
- In your parish or deanery by attending classes, conferences or programming in person, study by correspondence or via internet. You can take a weekend course, a night class, a summer course, a conference, or a course that runs a semester.
Funding available for: (Please submit the appropriate application form.)
- Individuals seeking training and/or expanded formation
- Groups from parishes undertaking preparation for ministry
- Deanery or cluster of parishes wanting to offer a workshop
We are the people who make up the Church – We are Christ’s hands and feet in the world today.
For more information, please contact: Blake Sittler, Education of Laity Fund, Catholic Pastoral Centre, 123 Nelson Road Saskatoon, SK S7S 1H1; Phone: (306) 659-5834 or toll free: 1-877-661-5005 Ext: 834; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individual Application Form Group Application Form Project Application Form