Sunday Readings – Reflections
- Dec. 15, 2019 - Third Sunday of Advent - Year A - All 3 Readings
- Dec. 15, 2019 - Third Sunday of Advent - Year A - Gospel Only
- Dec. 22, 2019 - Fourth Sunday of Advent - Year A - All 3 Readings
- Dec. 22, 2019 - Fourth Sunday of Advent - Year A - Gospel Only
- Dec. 24, 2019 - Christmas Eve - Mass in NIGHT - All 3 readings
- Dec. 24, 2019 - Christmas Eve - Mass in NIGHT - Gospel_Only
- Dec. 25, 2019 - Christmas Day -_Mass in DAY - All 3 Readings
- Dec. 25, 2019 - Christmas Day -_Mass in DAY - Gospel Only
Dec. 29, 2019 - Feast of Holy Family - Scripture reflections for this feast are not available from the Roman Catholic Diocese of Saskatoon. Find reflections for this Sunday online at: OMI Reflection or: Vatican News Reflection 2018 or check out the Vatican News Gospel Commentary menu at: WEBSITE
- Jan. 1, 2020 - Mary, the Mother of God - All 3 readings
- Jan. 1, 2020 - Mary, the Mother of God - Gospel Only
These Scripture Reflection Guides are available for the study of the upcoming readings at the Sunday Eucharist. These are ideally suited for personal prayer and reflection or for faith sharing groups of parishioners, family or friends. There are two different reflection guides in the list above: if your group wishes to reflect and share on all three Sunday readings, see below. If you want to use the guide at the start of parish meetings and only want the reflection to take up about 20 minutes, you want the guide which deals only with the Gospel.
God has chosen many ways to make Himself known to us. The Bible is God speaking in our lives in a special way. The Word of God is life-giving and grace-filled. When we gather to read, to study, to share and to pray the Word of God we are both enlightened and encouraged. The Word of God reminds us that we are loved by God and precious in His sight. We never tire from hearing the message.
More and more our lives as Catholic Christians need to be deeply grounded in the Word of God. Through the promotion of Small Christian Communities and by offering various types of Scripture Resources, the diocese offers individuals and parish groups the means to develop this deeper relationship with Jesus who is the Word become flesh.
New Revised Standard Version of The Bible online: https://www.biblegateway.com/versions/New-Revised-Standard-Version-NRSV-Bible/
Preparation of Lectors with the Sunday Readings: http://www.lectorprep.org