Sunday Readings – Reflections
- Aug. 2-2020-Year-A-18th-Sunday-in-Ordinary-Time-All-3-readings
- Aug. 2-2020-Year-A-18th-Sunday-in-Ordinary-Time-Gospel only
- Aug. 9-2020-Year-A-19th-Sunday-in-Ordinary-Time-All-3-readings
- Aug. 9-2020-Year-A-19th-Sunday-in-Ordinary-Time-Gospel only
- Sept. 6, 2020 - Year A - 23rd Sunday in Ordinary Time - All 3 readings
- Sept. 6, 2020 - Year A - 23rd Sunday in Ordinary Time - Gospel Only
- Sept. 13, 2020 - 24th Sunday in Ordinary Time - All 3 readings
- Sept. 13, 2020 - 24th Sunday in Ordinary Time - Gospel only
- Sept. 20, 2020 - 25th Sunday in Ordinary Time - All 3 readings
- Sept. 20, 2020 - 25th Sunday in Ordinary Time - Gospel only
These Scripture Reflection Guides are available for the study of the upcoming readings at the Sunday Eucharist. These are ideally suited for personal prayer and reflection or for faith sharing groups of parishioners, family or friends. There are two different reflection guides in the list above: if your group wishes to reflect and share on all three Sunday readings, see below. If you want to use the guide at the start of parish meetings and only want the reflection to take up about 20 minutes, you want the guide which deals only with the Gospel.
If you have questions about these reflections, please contact Kiply Lukan Yaworski, Communications, email@example.com or (306) 659-5844.
God has chosen many ways to make Himself known to us. The Bible is God speaking in our lives in a special way. The Word of God is life-giving and grace-filled. When we gather to read, to study, to share and to pray the Word of God we are both enlightened and encouraged. The Word of God reminds us that we are loved by God and precious in His sight. We never tire from hearing the message.
More and more our lives as Catholic Christians need to be deeply grounded in the Word of God. Through the promotion of Small Christian Communities and by offering various types of Scripture Resources, the diocese offers individuals and parish groups the means to develop this deeper relationship with Jesus who is the Word become flesh.
Small Christian Community resources: LINK
New Revised Standard Version of The Bible online: https://www.biblegateway.com/versions/New-Revised-Standard-Version-NRSV-Bible/
Preparation of Lectors with the Sunday Readings: http://www.lectorprep.org