Bishop Mark Hagemoen reflects on youth and young adult ministry:
Bishop Mark Hagemoen is joined by four young adults in a wide-ranging conversation about “Christus Vivit!” Pope Francis’ letter to Youth and to the People of God
Encounter Christ. Connect. Grow.
That all youth, young adults and families encounter Christ and become disciples of God’s love to the world.
The Youth Ministry Office exists to empower, train, support, and mentor those serving young people in our community.
Mandate: What We Offer
The Youth Ministry Office is here for you! We look to fulfill our mission through a five prong effort to enhance the efforts of those in the community at home, in schools/campus, parishes, and the civic community.
1. Lead – cast a vision, connect, collaborate
- Connect and Communicate with our workers in the vineyard.
- Help various ministries, movements, and parishes connect and collaborate amongst one another in sharing their gifts.
2. Empower & Affirm
- Ministry of praying intentionally for our youth and youth ministry leaders.
- Mentorship available to journey and help grow leaders.
3. Support – meet with leaders/parents, offer training opportunities, provide resources
4. Advocate for Youth Ministry
- Speak to needs of the youth most critically amongst families, parishes, schools. Also being involved in conversations at diocesean, regional and national events.
5. Events – Coordinate gatherings done better together, on a bigger scale, or require central leadership
- Bishop’s Cup, NightFever, WYD promotion/support, Theology on Tap, Town Hall Gatherings, Search retreats, etc.