- This event has passed.
World Day of Prayer for Vocations
World Day of Prayer for Vocations – Sunday, May 12 – Today the Church throughout the world prays for vocations. Will you make a special effort to ask the Lord for more vocations to the priesthood and religious life?
- Pray for the priests, both living and dead, who have ministered to you throughout your life.
- Keep our parish priests in your prayers.
- Encourage your children, your grandchildren, or other young people to consider a vocation as a priest or religious brother or sister.
- Pray a rosary for more young men and women in our diocese to respond to God’s call.
EXCERPTS from Pope Francis’ Message for World Day of Prayer for Vocations:
- “The Lord’s call is not an intrusion of God in our freedom; it is not a “cage” or a burden to be borne. On the contrary, it is the loving initiative whereby God encounters us and invites us to be part of a great undertaking. He opens before our eyes the horizon of a greater sea and an abundant catch.” – Pope Francis
- “….there can be no greater joy than to risk one’s life for the Lord! I would like to say this especially to you, the young. Do not be deaf to the Lord’s call. If he calls you to follow this path, do not pull your oars into the boat, but trust him. Do not yield to fear, which paralyzes us before the great heights to which the Lord points us. Always remember that to those who leave their nets and boat behind, and follow him, the Lord promises the joy of a new life that can fill our hearts and enliven our journey.” – Pope Francis
- “On this World Day of Prayer for Vocations, let us join in prayer and ask the Lord to help us discover his plan of love for our lives, and to grant us the courage to walk in the path that, from the beginning, he has chosen for each of us.” – Pope Francis
(Pope Francis’ entire Message for the World Day of Prayer for Vocations can be found at: Vatican site – posting )