ENCOUNTER features large group events to help create an environment for growth in discipleship and holiness.
UPCOMING ENCOUNTER EVENTS
Truth and Reconciliation – “Continuing the Walk”
9 am. to 3:30 pm Saturday, April 22
St. Mary Parish, 211 Avenue O South, Saskatoon
REGISTRATION IS OPEN – CLICK HERE
Join us to hear the story of a Residential School Survivor, followed by an opportunity to explore Economic Reconciliation, driven by the TRC Calls to Action to see a broader economic inclusion, especially increased Indigenous employment, as an essential form of reconciliation.
- Anne Lafleur, Residential School Survivor
- Becky Sasakamoose, Cultural Diversity & Race Relations Coordinator
- MaryAnne Morrison, Diocesan Council for Truth and Reconciliation
- KEYNOTE: Milton Tootoosis, BA, PAED (nêhiyaw-pwât – kîskîkomânâ), Co-founder and Chair of the Saskatchewan Indigenous Economic Development Network and Director for the Indigenous Leadership Development Institute Inc.
Retreat Day – Reflecting on The Holy Spirit
9 am to 4 pm Saturday, May 13
St. Paul Co-Cathedral, 720 Spadina Cr. E., Saskatoon
Registration – CLICK HERE (Cost: $30/person, includes lunch)
This one-day retreat is an opportunity to deepen your understanding and your relationship with the Third Person of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit.
Fr. Colin Roy will lead participants in a day of prayer and reflection, with a focus on the Gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Includes prayer, talks, discussion, Mass, Eucharistic Adoration and the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
Held at St. Paul Co-Cathedral in Saskatoon. Everyone is welcome!
Diocesan Family Event
Friday, June 9
Cathedral of the Holy Family, 123 Nelson Road, Saskatoon
- Mass at 5:00 p.m.
- Barbecue at 6:00 p.m.
- Childcare and fun activities for the kids – 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- “A Path to Marital Fulfillment” presentation for adults – 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. (featuring Canadian authors / psychologists Melissa Guzik and Jean MacKenzie, speaking about their marriage enrichment program called “To Love, Know and Serve.”)
Cost: $5 / person; children 6 years and under: no charge.