Time Out For Moms
Fall and Winter Sessions
WEDNESDAYS 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Holy Family Cathedral
123 Nelson Road (at Attridge Drive and Forestry Farm Park Drive),
Time Out For Moms (TOFM) is a Catholic enrichment group for women and mothers of all ages. We offer a fall session (mid-September until December) and a winter session (mid-Janurary until April). Each session consists of 10 weekly gatherings with women from many parishes and meeting at the Cathedral of the Holy Family Wednesday mornings. Childcare and breakfast are provided as enriching presentations, sharing and socializing happen in a relaxed and welcoming setting. In May and June the group meets at local parks around the city.
Time Out for Moms strives to:
- foster spiritual development
- encourage a greater understanding of the Catholic Faith,
- enhance and support Christian living and family life, and
- provide an opportunity to meet other women from the Catholic community.
Time Out For Moms will be running new sessions beginning Wednesday September 25, 2019!
|1.||Jan.16||Welcome Morning: Table Question Social|
Meal Planning 101: How to Feed Your Family Without Losing Your Mind
Comparison is the Thief of Joy: Being at Peace with Yourself
Protecting Our Children from Pornography
Journeying Through Lent
Adoration and Praise and Worship
Fr. Deyre and (muscian TBA)
Following God’s Call Counter Culturally/Word on Fire
Amanda and Matt Nelson
|9.||Mar.20||Kingdom of The Heart|
|10.||Mar.27||Final Mass and Potluck Brunch|
To register & view schedule:
Online: REGISTER HERE for Time Out For Moms or to volunteer as a childcare provider, contact Cristina Kirkham at 306-380-8671.
The cost, per term, is $50. E-Transfers accepted. Cheques can be made out to ‘Time Out for Moms’. Earlybird rate: $40/term if registration and payment are sent by the 10th of the month. (Fall: Sept. 10 / Winter: Jan.10). Payment is also collected on the first morning.
If childcare is required, please register early as child-care spots are limited. Mom spots are always open so if your kids are in school, come for coffee and fellowship.
Financial assistance available if needed.
Children are divided into 3 childcare rooms:
- Infant Room (0 – 18 months)
- Toddler Room (18 months – 3 years)
- Preschool Room (4 – 5 years)
Children must be kindergarten-aged and younger to be in the childcare rooms. We also cannot accept babysat or daycare children.
Sample Morning Routine
9:15-9:30: Moms arrive and drop their children off in childcare rooms
9:30: Mom’s breakfast served
9:45: Welcome, announcements, prayer
10:00 – 11:00: Guest Speaker
11:00: Closing prayer and announcements
11:15: Pick up children
- Chair – Katelyn Peterson
- Vice Chair – Kelly McLane
- Registrar – Cristina Kirkham
- Treasurer – Amanda McQuaid
- Secretary – Christina Burt
- Prayer – Brandi Banadyga
- Preschool/Toddler Coordinator – Liz Roth
- Infant Coordinator – Danette Brule
- Food Coordinator – Carmen Fisher
- Library – Nicole Wingerter
- Social Coordinator – Courtney Jaman