- This event has passed.
World Day of Prayer – across diocese
The World Day of Prayer is a global ecumenical movement involving Christians from over 170 countries coming together to pray for relevant issues affecting women and children. This year, the resources are from Zimbabwe, reflecting on the scripture passage: “Rise! Take Your Mat and Walk” (John 5:2-9). See: https://wicc.org/world-day-of-prayer for more information
Watch for local services in your community on the World Day of Prayer Friday, March 6 or at other times in March. Celebrations across our diocese include:
- Bruno – 2:00 p.m. Friday, March 6 at Prairieview, 850 Ursuline Avenue, Bruno, SK.
- Davidson – 7:30 p.m. Friday, March 6at All Saints Anglican Church, 510 Government Road, Davidson, SK organized by the Davidson Inter-Church Association.
- Denzil – 7:00 p.m. Friday, March 6at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Denzil, SK.
- Kindersley – 2:00 p.m. Friday, March 6at St. Olaf Lutheran Church, 807-3rd Street West, Kindersley, SK
- Saskatoon – 2:00 p.m. Friday, March 6at the following locations:
- St. Stephen Anglican Church, 10 Grosvenor Cr.;
- St. John Anglican Church, 816 Spadina Cres. E.;
- St. Thomas Wesley United Church, 808-20th W.;
- St. Paul United Church, 454 Egbert Ave.;
- Emmanuel Anglican Church, 609 Dufferin Ave.;
- Bethany Manor, 110 La Ronge Road;
- St. Angela Merici Residence, 125 Cree Cres.;
- St. Volodymyr Villa, 3102 Louise Place
- Saskatoon – 7:00 p.m. at St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church, 1121 Northumberland Avenue, Saskatoon, SK.
NOTE: Allan, SK celebration is being held the following Wednesday:
- Allan – 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 11 – A World Day of Prayer celebration will also be held in Allan at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 11, hosted by the Allan Baptist Church, located on Princess Street, Allan, SK. All are cordially invited to attend. The service will be followed by refreshments and fellowship.