- This event has passed.
Week of Prayer for Christian Unity Bible Study on Zoom – 3 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 23
January 23, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
A Week of Prayer for Christian Unity virtual 8-day Bible study on Zoom, sponsored in partnership with The Prairie Centre for Ecumenism and The Regina Council of Churches, based on the themes for Week of Prayer 2022 will be held online daily from Tuesday, Jan. 18 to Tuesday, Jan. 25, from 12:15 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. (with the exception of Sunday, Jan. 23, when the event will be held at 3:00 p.m.)
Register here: ZOOM Registration Page
The theme for Week of Prayer for Christian Unity 2022 is “We saw the star in the East, and we came to worship him” (Matthew 2:2) and materials have been prepared by the Middle East Council of Churches based in Beirut, Lebanon. This theme is developed through a series of reflections which extend over eight days and will be the basis of the bible study. Each day will be led by a different denominational leader.
The daily themes are as follows:
- Day 1 (Tue Jan 18): Raise us up and draw us to your perfect light: “We observed his star in the East” (Mt 2:2)
- Day 2 (Wed Jan 19): Humble leadership breaks down walls and builds up with love: “Where is the child who has been born king of the Jews?” (Mt 2:2)
- Day 3 (Thu Jan 20): The presence of Christ, turning the world upside down: “When Herod heard this he was disturbed, and all Jerusalem with him” (Mt 2:3)
- Day 4 (Fri Jan 21): Though small and suffering, we lack nothing: “And you, Bethlehem…are by no means least” (Mt 2:6)
- Day 5 (Sat Jan 22): Guided by the one Lord: “Ahead of them went the star that they had seen at its rising” (Mt 2:9)
- Day 6 (Sun Jan 23): Gathered in worship around the One Lord: “They saw the child with Mary his mother, and they knelt down and paid him homage” (Mt 2:11)
- Day 7 (Mon Jan 24): The gifts of communion: “Then, opening their treasure chests, they offered him gifts of old, frankincense, and myrrh” (Mt 2:11)
- Day 8 (Tue Jan 25): Beyond the familiar routes of separation to God’s new paths: “They left for their own country by another road” (Mt 2:12)
For more information about the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity contact the Prairie Centre for Ecumenism at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (306) 653-1633.