- This event has passed.
TeamRCIA Catechist School hosted by WCC in Calgary
November 23, 2019 @ 8:30 am - November 24, 2019 @ 4:15 pm
One event on November 23, 2019 at 8:30 am
The Western Conference for the Catechumenate (WCC) and the Roman Catholic Diocese of Calgary, Alberta present TeamRCIA Catechist School with Nick Wagner and Mary Birmingham Nov. 22 and 23 at St. Anthony’s Catholic Parish, 5340 4 St SW, Calgary, AB.
An Invitation to the TeamRCIA Catechist School
Evelyn walked into her house and slumped down on the couch. Tony thought maybe he’d forgotten to put gas in the car again, and she was upset with him. “Honey,” he asked, “is everything okay?”
“It’s the neophytes,” said Evelyn. “Only two of them came to the session this morning, and neither of them could tell me the sacramental plan of salvation. We spent weeks on it back in September and reviewed it again in Lent!”
Tony tried to recall if the sacramental plan was different than the seven sacraments. “Well, maybe it’s not important to them,” he suggested.
“How could salvation not be important? It has to be important.”
Do you ever have these questions?
Evelyn is stuck in the same place a lot of RCIA catechists are stuck. She keeps asking herself these questions:
- What are the central teachings of the church that the inquirers, catechumens, and candidates must learn?
- How do we make the central teachings of the church important to the seekers who need to know them?
- And how do we teach everything we have to teach in the limited time we have?
What if there was a place where you could get solid answers to these questions? We’re going to give you exactly that and more.
What are you going to learn?
The TeamRCIA Catechist School is going to teach you everything you need to know to be an effective RCIA catechist. After spending two days with us, you will discover:
- The number-one goal of every RCIA catechist
- The six principles that shape the entire faith journey
- How to make sure the inquirers are committed to learning
- The power of good storytelling to communicate word and dogma
- Effective adult learning models that work
- How to navigate the three levels of catechesis we encounter in any RCIA group
- The four areas of faith formation every RCIA process must cover
The TeamRCIA Catechist School is unlike any other RCIA training you have ever had. You will walk away with a new confidence and a renewed passion for handing on the faith. We promise you will never see the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults the same way again.
You are going to be in good hands. The TeamRCIA Catechist School has been designed by and will be led by two international experts in catechumentate ministry: Mary Birmingham and Nick Wagner. They each have over two decades of experience training RCIA team members.
Time, date, and place
The TeamRCIA Catechist School is being hosted by the Western Conference for the Catechumenate and the Diocese of Calgary. It will take place at St. Anthony’s Catholic Parish, 5340 4 St SW, Calgary, AB T2V 0Z5, Canada.
We will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, November 22 and we will end at 5:30 p.m. that first day.
On Saturday, November 23, we will begin at 8:30 a.m. and conclude at 4:15 p.m.
It is going to be an intense two days!
What will all this cost? The full registration fee is $180.00 CAD. The registration fee includes lunch and dinner on Friday, and lunch on Saturday. It does not include the cost of lodging.