- This event has passed.
Rosary Novena to pray for Canadian voters during federal election campaign
September 20 @ 7:00 am - 7:30 am
An event every week that begins at 7:00 am on Wednesday, repeating until September 16, 2021
One event on August 29, 2021 at 8:00 am
One event on September 4, 2021 at 8:00 am
One event on September 12, 2021 at 8:00 am
One event on September 18, 2021 at 8:00 am
One event on September 20, 2021 at 7:00 am
The national organization Catholic Conscience has launched a rosary novena for the people of Canada happening during the federal election campaign (running from Aug. 25 to Sept. 20, 2021) to pray for Canadian voters and entrust them to the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Joseph.
Find more information about the Catholic Conscience prayer event at: www.novenaforcanadians.eventbrite.ca/
As Catholic Canadians, we are called to “seek the welfare of the city,” in the words of the Book of Jeremiah. We are, after all, citizens of two nations: this earthly country Canada, this place and people we all love, and the heavenly Kingdom of God. Let’s come together to praise the Lord of both these nations and to call on the intercession of the heavenly Kingdom for the needs of our earthly nation.
Join Canadians from coast to coast as we gather for a nine-day rosary novena to pray for the people of Canada, as Canadians each discern their own consciences in preparation to vote for our next government during the 2021 federal election. Voting determines the future of our country, by determining who we entrust with the common good of all Canadians. During this rosary novena, we will pray that all Canadians vote with love of neighbour at heart; with the core principles of Catholic social teaching in mind, including the common good, life and dignity of the human person, community, participation, rights and responsibilities, the preferential option for the poor, subsidiarity, solidarity, care for God’s creation, the dignity of work, and more; and that the Holy Spirit inspire all those running to lead their communities and serve as MPs, that they may live a superhuman oblation of self out of love for their constituents and the future of our country.
1. Wednesday, August 25 at 6 pm SK time Pray with us for the people of the North.
2. Sunday, August 29 at 8 am SK time: Pray with us for the people of British Columbia.
3. Wednesday, September 1 at 6 pm SK time: Pray with us for the people of Alberta.
4. Saturday, September 4 at 8 am SK time: Pray with us for the people of Saskatchewan.
5. Wednesday, September 8 at 6 pm SK time: : Pray with us for the people of Manitoba.
6. Sunday, September 12 at 8 am SK time: Pray with us for the people of Ontario.
7. Wednesday, September 15 at 6 pm SK time: Pray with us for the people of Quebec.
8. Saturday, September 18 at 8 am SK time: : Pray with us for the people of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador.
9. Monday, September 20 at 7 am SK time: (Election Day): Entrust the voters of Canada to Mary, Seat of Wisdom & Queen of Heaven, and St. Joseph, Patron of Canada.
Part of our commission as disciples of Christ is to love and serve our neighbours, through concrete acts of service—including prayer. Together, let’s pray for the people of Canada during this critical moment for all of us, and entrust our fellow Canadians to Mary, the Seat of Wisdom & Queen of Heaven, and Saint Joseph, the Patron of Canada.
RSVP for login details –www.novenaforcanadians.eventbrite.ca/
Subscribe to the Catholic Conscience newsletter, the Catholic Commons, for tools to help you discern your conscience as a voter, and other election resources for Catholics: visit www.catholicconscience.org/ subscribe.
Visit https://catholicconscience.org/canada/platform/ for our party platform comparisons through the lens of Catholic social teaching.