- This event has passed.
National Week for Life and the Family
May 9 - May 16
National Week for Life and the Family – May 9 to May 16, 2021:
Each year the Church in Canada designates one week to proclaim the gift of family and life. The Week for Life and the Family will be commemorated this year from May 9 to May 16, with the theme, “Family, the Domestic Church: A Sign of Hope and Life.”
Every Christian family is called to be a “little church.” As a domestic church, the life of a family is centered on God’s saving love. Empowered by the Holy Spirit, Christian families witness to the world that Jesus Christ is Lord. Inspired by the Saviour’s presence, the Christian family becomes a sign of hope and life to those who most need it. In this way, the family, living as a domestic church, is a manifestation of our loving Father’s providential care for humanity.
Find resources from the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops at: https://www.cccb.ca/national-week-for-life-and-the-family/
PRAYER suggestions from the CCCB for the Week for Life and the Family:
- For all families in need, that they be given the grace to live out fully their vocation as a domestic church. We pray….
- For mothers, that they will be models of holiness in the gift of raising their children as sons and daughters of God. We pray….
- For fathers, that they will grow in their ability to guard and guide their families on the path as St. Joseph did for the Holy Family. We pray….
- For all young people, that they allow the light of Christ to shine in and through them giving witness to God’s love in their lives. We pray….
- For the elderly, that they will be protected from all harm and disease and that their lives be a testament to God’s loving faithfulness. We pray…
- For all families to be witnesses to the action of the Holy Spirit in how they forgive and encourage one another. We pray….