Mass of Our Lord’s Supper live-streamed 7 pm Holy Thursday, with Bishop Mark Hagemoen
April 9 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Live-streamed from the Cathedral of the Holy Family, celebrated by Bishop Mark Hagemoen – Mass of Our Lord’s Supper, 7:00 p.m. on Holy Thursday, April 9, 2020: saskatoonmass.com
LETTER FROM BISHOP MARK HAGEMOEN REGARDING HOLY WEEK / EASTER: https://rcdos.ca/2020/04/01/update-regarding-holy-week-during-covid-19/
* Holy Week Celebrations: As restrictions on public celebration of Mass continue in an effort to limit the spread of COVID-19 in our community, online live-streaming of videos of the Holy Week and Easter Triduum celebrations will be posted at https://saskatoonmass.com and on the diocesan website https://rcdos.ca.
Chrism Mass will be postponed until the fall, when the pandemic is over and public gatherings are again permitted.
Bishop Mark Hagemoen’s Holy Week celebrations will include:
Palm Sunday April 5 – Mass at 9 a.m.
Holy Thursday April 9
– Mass for the Clergy at 10 a.m.
– Mass of the Lord’s Supper at 7 p.m.
Good Friday, April 10
– Service of the Passion of Our Lord at 3 p.m.
– Stations of the Cross at 7 p.m. Good Friday
(NOTE: All day on Good Friday and Holy Saturday there will be a large crucifix in the Cathedral of the Holy Family parking lot, 123 Nelson Road, at the corner of Attridge Drive and Forestry Farm Park Drive in Saskatoon. The faithful are invited to drive by and venerate the cross from their cars. This veneration will be in accordance with the required physical distancing and limits on numbers gathering.)
Holy Saturday, April 11
– Easter Vigil Mass at 9 p.m. Holy Saturday celebrated by Bishop Mark Hagemoen
Easter Sunday, April 12
– Mass at 10 a.m. Easter Sunday celebrated by Bishop Mark Hagemoen
* Act of Spiritual Communion to unite oneself in prayer to Jesus Christ when one is unable to receive the Eucharist sacramentally:
I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
– St. Alphonsus of Liguori