- This event has passed.
Jesus Youth Canada – Couple Retreat in Bruno, SK
June 1 @ 7:00 pm - June 4 @ 2:00 pm
Jesus Youth Canada will hold three Couples Retreats in Saskatchewan: June 1-4 at St. Therese Institute in Bruno (from 7 pm June 1 to 2 pm June 4), as well as June 5-7 in Humboldt, and June 10-11 in North Battleford (child care is available at all three retreats).
Register for the Couples Retreat June 1-4 in Bruno at: jycanada.breezechms.com/form/JYWest_Couples_20230675 or for more information contact Jesus Youth Coordinator Jobi Jose at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jesus Youth Canada will hold three “L’Armour” Couples’ Retreats in Saskatchewan:
- June 1-4 at St. Therese Institute in Bruno (live-in, from 7 pm June 1 to 2 pm June 4) – LINK
- June 5-7 at St. Augustine Catholic Church in Humboldt (6:30 pm to 9:30 pm each evening) – 306-682-2106
- June 10-11 at St. Joseph Calasanctius Church in North Battleford (9:00 a.m to 7:30 pm) – 306-999-1375
Note: child care is available at all three retreats.
Topics covered include God’s design for marriage, Growing in the love of God, the beauty of spousal love, healing and forgiveness and more.
- MANOJ SUNNY, an Engineer by profession, is a full-time Missionary who has been actively involved in Catholic lay apostolate for 35 years. He has conducted more than 1200 training programs for leaders in the Catholic Church in 60 countries. He was a part of the six-member drafting committee for the document on sports and faith- ‘Giving your Very Best’ published in 2018 by the Holy See, with a foreword by Pope Francis. He has participated and presented papers at several International conferences and events organized by the Holy See, including the Bishops’ Synod on New Evangelization held in the Vatican and the Mission Congress held in Seoul. He has had the privilege of meeting St Pope John Paul II, Pope Benedict XVI and Pope Francis personally. He has attended the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington DC with three Presidents of the USA. He was the recipient of the Leadership Award presented by Caritas in Veritate (CiV), USA, in October 2022. He was the first International Coordinator of the Jesus Youth Movement and one of the founding members of the Rex Band, a contemporary Christian Band that has performed in over 25 countries and at 6 World Youth Days. Presently he serves as the Director of Formation, Jesus Youth International, Executive Secretary of the Federation of Asian Bishops Conference – Office of Evangelization, and Convener of FEMA (Fraternity of Ecclesial Movements in Asia).
- BEENA MANOJ, is the Dean of a College in India. As the lead vocalist of Rexband, she has performed in 22 countries and five World Youth Days. They may perhaps be the only couple who have participated in Bishops’ Synods (Beena in the Asian Bishops’ Synod in 1998 and Manoj in the Synod on New Evangelization in 2012) in their individual capacities. They were also delegates at the consultation meeting organized by the Pontifical Council for the Family in the context of the synod on the Family in Oct 2015 in Rome.