- This event has passed.
Fall Congress Series: Palliative Care and Moral Distress (Zoom or in-person)
October 26, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Palliative Care and Moral Distress – CLICK HERE to register
9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 26
Gain a deeper understanding of palliative care and the moral distress caused by medically-assisted suicide / euthanasia.
Cost: $20 for in-person attendance (includes lunch); no cost for Zoom attendance. Register online at https://form.jotform.com/212385747793267
UPDATE! Zoom option is now available – or attend in-person at the Cathedral of the Holy Family, 123 Nelson Road, Saskatoon.
Due to rising concerns around gathering in person, a Zoom option is now available for the PALLIATIVE CARE & MORAL DISTRESS Congress Day, Tuesday October 26, 2021.
In-person attendance at the Cathedral of the Holy Family in Saskatoon is still an option and care will taken to provide a safe environment for participants. Masks will be mandatory at all times (with the exception of eating and drinking at your table), social distancing will be in effect, hand sanitizer will be available and meals will be individually packaged.
If you are already registered to attend in person and you wish to change to Zoom, please let Marilyn Jackson know asap at email@example.com. (If you have registered and still plan to attend in person, no further action is required.)
To register to attend via Zoom or in-person, click on the following link: https://form.jotform.com/212385747793267
Register online at https://form.jotform.com/212385747793267
This event is part of the Fall Congress Series (LINK)
* Diocesan Fall Congress: Palliative Care and Moral Distress will be held 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 26 at the Cathedral of the Holy Family, 123 Nelson Road, Saskatoon.
This is a diocesan presentation for clergy, staff, volunteers and all who wish to serve in their parish, and all who wish to gain a deeper understanding of palliative care and learn more about the moral distress caused by medically-assisted suicide / euthanasia. Cost: $20 (includes lunch).
Register at: https://form.jotform.com/212385747793267 or call (306) 659-5836 for more information.
- Dr. Francis Maza, DMin, MTS, Executive Lead for Mission, Ethics and Spirituality, Emmanuel Care;,
- Dr. Andrea Johnson, MD, CCFP (PC), Palliative Care Physician, Saskatchewan Health Authority,
- Anna Maria Buhr, MSW, social worker, Palliative Care Unit, St. Paul’s Hospital, Saskatoon, and
- Ana Gheyssen, psychotherapist and spiritual care provider, Hospice at Glengarda, Saskatoon.
This event is part of the Fall Congress Series – Download brochure (PDF)
“Be the Light – Continuing the Journey to a Deeper Intimacy with Christ”