- This event has passed.
Western Canadian Catholic Stewardship Conference – 2019 in Saskatoon
June 6 - June 8260CAD
Western Canadian Catholic Stewardship Conference, Saskatoon June 6-8, 2019 –
Every second year since 2005, this Stewardship Conference has been hosted by a diocese in Western Canada. This year the Roman Catholic Diocese of Saskatoon and the Diocese of Saskatoon Catholic Foundation are co-hosting the conference.
Conference sessions will be held at the Cathedral of the Holy Family, 123 Nelson Road, as well as at the Sheraton Cavalier Hotel, Spadina Cres., Saskatoon.
The goal: to help participants encounter Jesus Christ and inspire them to carry on his mission of making disciples. This is a weekend of encounter and transformation for all members of the church: Bishops and Pastors, PLD’s, parish leadership and laity.
The Conference kicks off June 6 with a pre-conference day devoted to Annual Appeals as well as a track exclusively designed for Clergy. The Cathedral of the Holy Family at 123 Nelson Road (corner of Attridge Drive and Forestry Farm Park Drive) will host these pre-conference sessions June 6, as well as the opening Mass at 4:30 p.m. June 6, with Cardinal Thomas Collins of the Archdiocese of Toronto presiding. The opening Mass will be followed by a “Saskatchewan tasting” reception and Cathedral tours before the conference moves to the Sheraton Cavalier in downtown Saskatoon for the next two days.
Friday, June 7 and Saturday, June 8, the main conference continues with inspiring talks from a growing list of dynamic speakers covering all facets of stewardship from fund development to communications to the every-day stewardship that should be our very way of life.
The WCCS conference features a dynamic line-up of speakers from across North America addressing a range of stewardship topics. The conference is blessed to host His Eminence Cardinal Thomas Collins, Archbishop of Toronto, who will preside at the Conference’s Opening Mass, and who will meet with our clergy as well as being a featured speaker at the main conference. Other speakers include:
- Bishop Mark Hagemoen (Bishop of the Diocese of Saskatoon),
- Bishop Bryan Bayda, CSsR (Bishop of the Eparchy of Saskatoon),
- Dan Potvin (Director of Mission Advancement, Companions of the Cross),
- Tracey Earl Welliver (Catholic Speaker on Stewardship,http://4lpi.com/),
- Emilie Callan (Salt and Light),
- Darrin Gurr (Archdiocese of Winnipeg),
- Brett Powell (Archbishop’s Delegate of Development and Ministries for the Archdiocese of Vancouver),
- Debra Pozega Osburn (VP, University Relations, University of Saskatchewan),
- Jacquie Berg (Director of Communications, St. Thomas More College, Saskatoon),
- Don Gorsalitz (Director of Development, Diocese of Saskatoon),
- Ann Brookes (DCG Philanthropic Services http://dcgsk.com/),
- John Rogers ( PV, Prenger Solutions Group https://www.prengersolutions.com/),
- Connie Lunde (Director of Development, Archdiocese of Edmonton),
- Liz Baile (Stewardship Coordinator, Mackenzie Fort Smith Diocese)
- Stefano Penna (Pastor of St. Paul’s Co-Cathedral, Saskatoon),
- Peter Ebidero (Pastor of Immaculate Heart of Mary, Martensville),
- Matthew Ramsay (Pastor of St. Ann’s Parish, Saskatoon),
- Colm and Sharon Leyne (St. Ann’s Parish, Saskatoon),
- Jocelyne Hamoline (Stewardship and Gift Development, Diocese of Saskatoon Catholic Foundation
Three tracks of the conference are:
- The Fund Development Trackis the first of its kind in WCCSC history, and will be devoted to best practices in fundraising and the challenges and graces of financially supporting ministries that make up the Church.
- The Communications Trackwill focus on how we use our resources (bulletins, social media, websites, the pulpit, etc) to effectively engage our faith communities and bring people into a fuller relationship with Christ and the Church.
- The Christian Stewardship Trackwill focus on the concrete ways we live our call to be stewards in life. From raising engaged families, to increasing engagement at the parish level, this track is about bringing all the gifts of our life to the altar of the Lord and trusting Him to help us do more with them than we could even imagine.
For Hotel and General Conference Information and Inquiries: please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (306) 659-5849.
ll are invited to three special public events of theWestern Canadian Catholic Stewardship Conference: Go Make a Difference June 6-8 in Saskatoon:
- Opening Mass with His Eminence Cardinal Thomas Collins, Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Toronto: 4: 30 p.m. Thursday, June 6 at the Cathedral of the Holy Family, 123 Nelson Road Saskatoon.
- Eucharistic Adoration: between 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. Friday, June 7 at St. Paul’s Co-Cathedral, 720 Spadina Cres. E, Saskatoon.
- Closing Masswith Most Reverend Bishop Mark Hagemoen, Bishop of Saskatoon: 4:30 p.m.. Saturday, June 8 at St. Paul’s Co-Cathedral, 720 Spadina Cres. E, Saskatoon.
For more information about the complete conference or to register: https://wccsc.ca/
Conference Schedule: https://wccsc.ca/schedule-2/