8:00 a.m. WPCU morning service – Resurrection Lutheran Church
January 24 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
Week of Prayer – Daily Morning Services at 8:00 a.m. at the following locations:
- Monday, Jan. 20 — St. Andrew Presbyterian Church, 436 Spadina Crescent East, Saskatoon.
- Tuesday, Jan. 21 – Grace Westminster United Church, 505-1oth Street East, Saskatoon.
- Wednesday, Jan. 22 — Calvin Go Forth Presbyterian, 1602 Sommerfeld Avenue, Saskatoon.
- Thursday, Jan. 23 – All Saints Anglican Church, 1801 Lorne Avenue, Saskatoon.
Friday, Jan. 24 – Resurrection Lutheran Church, 310 Lenore Drive, Saskatoon.
The theme of this year’s Week of Prayer is “They showed us unusual kindness (Acts: 28-2).”
In keeping with the 2020 theme, the Prairie Centre for Ecumenism (PCE) is inviting participants at each event to bring donations of non-perishable food donations for the Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish Food Pantry Program. There will also be opportunities to make freewill offerings for the work of the Prairie Centre for Ecumenism.
Week of Prayer for Christian Unity events in Saskatoon Jan. 19-26:
- 3:00 pm Sunday, Jan. 19 – Opening Service at Knox United Church, 838 Spadina Crescent East, Saskatoon.
- 7:30 pm Tuesday, Jan. 21 – Singing into Unity at St Stephen Anglican Church, 10 Grosvenor Crescent, Saskatoon.
- 12:00 pm Thursday, Jan. 23 – Service and Luncheon at Queen’s House, 601 Taylor Street West, Saskatoon —Liturgy 12:00 pm – Lunch 12:30 pm.
- 7:30 pm Friday, Jan. 24 – Celebrating Our Unity, An Ecumenical Ceilidh at Christ Church Anglican, 515 28th Street West, Saskatoon.
- 3:00 pm Sunday, Jan. 26 – Closing Service at St Philip Neri Roman Catholic Church, 1902 Munroe Avenue (at Taylor Street East), Saskatoon.
Local and international resources for the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity are available online, placing a particular emphasis on hospitality as a much-needed virtue in our search for Christian unity and calling all to a greater generosity to those in need. The Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity and the Commission on Faith and Order of the World Council of Churches jointly developed the international resource, using material provided by an ecumenical group in Malta representing a variety of Christian faith traditions. The material for Canada was adapted and produced by an ecumenical writing team coordinated by the Commission on Faith and Witness of the Canadian Council of Churches (CCC). Local resources for Canada can be accessed on the website of the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity: in English: https://www.weekofprayer.ca/2020-wpcu-resources or in French: https://www.weekofprayer.ca/fr/ressources-2020 and International resources produced by the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity and the Commission on Faith and Order of the World Council of Churches are accessible through the following links: in English: http://www.christianunity.va/content/unitacristiani/en/settimana-di-preghiera-per-l-unita/en.html or in French: http://www.christianunity.va/content/unitacristiani/fr/settimana-di-preghiera-per-l-unita/semaine-de-priere-pour-l-unite-des-chretiens-20200.html
Click here for 2020 poster of Saskatoon events: Week of Prayer 2020 poster final