- This event has passed.
Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy – Youth Retreat
June 5 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Youth Retreat – “The Great Mystery: God, Our Bodies and Ourselves” for youth ages 14-18 will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, June 5 at St. George’s Seniors Centre, 20th St. West & Ave. M South, Saskatoon. Online participation will also be available.
We live in a world where the majority of the points of conflict that exist between our Catholic worldview and the secular culture concern what it means to be human, and how the deep truth about our creation impacts our approach to life and love. The focus of the day will be to consider these issues in the light of Pope St. John Paul II’s Theology of the Body.
- Topics and speakers will include:
- Love, marriage and what it means to be human with Deborah Larmour; Family and Life Office Eparchy of Saskatoon;
- Religious life: how does it fit into the Great Mystery? With Jonathan Lashyn, Seminarian, Eparchy of Saskatoon;
- If porn kills love, what’s a guy/girl to do? With Fr. Deacon Cyril Kennedy, Doctoral Candidate Catholic University of America;
- Gender and identity matters with Hudson Byblow, international speaker on Theology of the Body and identity issues.
Registration fee is $10; registration deadline is Tuesday, June 1. To register, please contact: Viktoriia Marko at email@example.com.