Prairie Pilgrimages in the Summer of 2023:
Blumenfeld Pilgrimage – Sunday, June 11, 2023
Our Lady of Sorrows Shrine and Sts. Peter and Paul Church
- Sacrament of Reconciliation at 2 p.m.
- Rosary and Mass at 3 p.m. (Children are welcome to bring baskets to carry flowers for spreading in procession.)
The Blumenfeld Pilgrimage Site is located 16 km south and 6 km east of Leader, SK. just off Hwy 21.
News item and photos from the June 2022 event (LINK)
NOTE – Donations for the upkeep of the pilgrimage church and site honour God and God’s people: His priests, sisters, pioneers and descendants. Thank you for your generosity! Donations can be sent to “Blumenfeld Heritage”, Box 104, Leader, SK S0N 1H0.
Grosswerder Pilgrimage – June 13, 2023
St. Anthony Church Grosswerder, SK
Annual Procession and Mass to this historic church in the western region of the diocese is traditionally held on June 13, on the Feast Day of St. Anthony of Padua. The 2023 event begins at 6:30 p.m. June 13 with blessing of the cemetery and procession, followed by Mass at 7 p.m. with Bishop Mark Hagemoen presiding.
The church is located at: NW1/4-10-37-27-W-3rd – Eye Hill RM 382, SK.
Find a news report about the 2019 event at Catholic Saskatoon News: Grosswerder Pilgrimage 2019
Reward Pilgrimage – Sunday, July 9, 2023
Holy Rosary Shrine and Church at Reward, SK
- 2 p.m. Adoration and Confession,
- 3:15 p.m. Rosary with Marian Hymns,
- 4 p.m. Mass
- Supper (free-will offering)
Children are welcome to bring baskets and flowers to carry and spread during the procession. Parish banner representatives will also be in the Mass procession.
A barbecue supper will follow (free will offering). There will be a large tent on the grounds. Bring lawn chairs, umbrellas, etc.
News item and photos from the July 2022 90th anniversary event (LINK)
The historic Holy Rosary Church and Shrine is located 3 kilometres south of the hamlet of Reward, SK.
Historic Holy Rosary Church at the Reward Shrine site is in need of immediate refurbishing. Donations in honour of God’s people, priests, sisters, pioneers and descendants are much appreciated. Anyone unable to attend who would like to make a donation toward the repairs of the church building, can send donations to Holy Rosary Shrine, Box 1536, Unity, SK, SOK 4L0. Tax receipts are available.
Mount Carmel Pilgrimage – Sunday, July 16, 2023
Shrine of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, SK
- 9:45 a.m. – An Hour with Mary – Marian hymns, Rosary, Sacrament of Reconciliation);
- 10:45 a.m. – An Hour with God’s family – Celebration of Sunday Eucharist, blessing of the fields, blessing of the sick
- 12:00 noon – An Hour with Our Diocesan Family – lunch (concession available) and quiet time with the Blessed Sacrament
- 1:30 p.m. – An Hour with the Lord – Stations of the Cross (in groups), Blessing with the Blessed Sacrament
The picturesque Mount Carmel pilgrimage site is located about 5.2 km north of Carmel, SK (west of Humboldt).
News items and photos about 100th Anniversary in 2022 – LINK
St. Laurent Pilgrimage – July 15-16, 2023 / Aug. 15, 2023 / Sept. 8, 2023
Annual Pilgrimage to Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine at St. Laurent, SK – Theme: “Mary Queen of Peace”
The Shrine is located 12 km directly east of Duck Lake on grid road; or take the road from the statue landmark on Highway 11.
From July 6 to July 14, Novena, Rosary and Mass will be celebrated at the historic shrine (Monday to Saturday at 7:00 p.m., Sunday at 4:00 p.m.)
Saturday, July 15 – St. Laurent Shrine
- 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Prayer and Adoration (Grotto)
- 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. – Guest Speaker Bishop Bryan Bayda, CSsR (Grotto)
- 6:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Supper / personal time (Grotto)
- 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Examination of Conscience / priests available for confessions (Grotto)
- 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Rosary / Marian devotion (Grotto)
- 8:00 p.m. – Mass with Bishop Stephen Hero (Grotto)
- 9:30 p.m. – Torchlight procession to the cross on the hill, followed by Adoration in the Log Church
Sunday, July 16 – St. Laurent Shrine
- 9:00 a.m. – Cree Mass with Bishop Stephen Hero and Deacon Harry Lafond (Imihew Aski Prayer Meadow at the old Pieta site)
- 9:30 a.m. – French Mass with Bishop Emeritus Albert Thévenot (Grotto)
- 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon – Mass with Bishop Stephen Hero (Grotto)
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. – Guest speaker Bishop Bryan Bayda, CSsR (Grotto)
- 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. – Anointing of the Sick (Grotto)
- 3:00 p.m. – Way of the Cross (Grotto)
August 15 – Feast of the Assumption – St. Laurent Shrine
- 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Examination of Conscience / Confessions (Grotto)
- 6:30 p.m. – Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament / Chaplet of Divine Mercy (Grotto)
- 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Marian devotion / the Rosary (Grotto)
- 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. – Mass with Bishop Stephen Hero (Grotto)
- 9:30 p.m. – Torchlight procession to the cross near the Log Church, followed by Adoration in the Log Church
September 8 – Birthday of Blessed Virgin Mary – St. Laurent Shrine
- 6:00 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. – Confessions (Grotto)
- 6:15 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. – The Rosary / bouquet offering (Grotto)
- 7:00 p.m. – Mass with Bishop Stephen Hero (Grotto)
- 8:00 p.m. – Birthday cake and coffee (food booth)
Find more details about the 2022 events at St. Laurent online at: www.padiocese.ca/st-laurent-shrine or www.saintlaurentshrine.com. Donations to Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine greatly appreciated.
Saint Philomena Walking Pilgrimage 2023 (with Rama Pilgrimage)
The 4th annual Saint Philomena Walking Pilgrimage is a supported walk; rest stops and meals are provided and a trailer carries camping supplies between nightly stops. Pilgrims are invited to join in all of the walk, a few steps, or anything in between. The pilgrimage starts at St Mary Parish in Yorkton on Aug. 11, and it ends at Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine at Rama on Aug. 14. For more information visit the website at www.stphilomena.ca/, or telephone Dave or Bev at (306) 728-5525.
Rama Pilgrimage August 14-15, 2023
Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes at St. Anthony Church, Rama, SK
The Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine site is located at St. Anthony Catholic Church, 104 – 1st St N, Rama, SK – which is east of Wadena on Highway 5.
Monday, August 14 – Vigil of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary –
- 3 pm Chaplet of Divine Mercy – Grotto
- 3:15 pm Stations of the Cross
- 4:30 pm Supper (book ticket by Aug. 2, 2023 call 306-593-6120
- 6 pm Hymns of Praise to Mary
- 6-7:45 pm Confessions
- 8 pm Celebration of Holy Eucharist with Archbishop Donald Bolen (Living Rosary, candlelight procession, exposition of Blessed Sacrament, Adoration)
CHARTER BUS – Aug. 14 only; $36/each:
- Saskatoon call Mila 306-664-3695
- Humboldt call Nestor 306-682-2048
Tuesday, August 15 – Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- 8:30 am Morning Devotional Prayers in Polish (Church)
- 9 am Mass in Polish (Church)
- 10 am Divine Liturgy in the Byzantine Rite
- 11 am Final Mass (Anointing of the sick and aged, blessing for plenary indulgence, blessing of religious articles
- 12:30 pm Lunch after final Mass, book ticket by Aug. 2 at 306-593-6120
The schedule and more information can be found at www.Ramashrine.ca.
Pro-Life Millennium Cross Pilgrimage – TBA
The 100-foot Pro-Life Millennium Cross is located 10 km northeast of Aberdeen, SK on Highway 41. For more information see www.prolifemillenniumcross.ca
Other pilgrimages – Archdiocese of Regina
CLICK HERE for information on Regina Archdiocese pilgrimages
Other pilgrimages – Eparchy of Saskatoon
CLICK HERE for information on events in the Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy