Diocesan Bulletin announcements for July 14, 2019 – 15th Sunday of Ordinary Time
Diocesan Prayer Intention – We pray as a diocesan family for all those attending pilgrimages and faith enrichment events this summer: Creator God, bless this season of leisure with fruitful opportunities for prayer, contemplation, praise and worship. We pray to the Lord.
Earthcare Connections prayer intentions– July 14, 2019
- Earth feeds and sustains us; help us live as good neighbours to our own planet. We pray to the Lord.
- Creation exists for the greater glory of God. May we cease squandering Earth’s resources. We pray to the Lord.
* SUBSCRIBE to Catholic Saskatoon News – You can now sign up to subscribe to our diocesan news site! Notification about the week’s top local stories and national/ international news of Catholic interest will be delivered to your inbox every Tuesday if you sign up at: https://news.rcdos.ca/sign-up-for-news/
* Catholic Saskatoon News –Check out the Catholic Saskatoon News website at https://news.rcdos.cato find news coverage and photos about our local, national and global Catholic community. Recent news items include:
- Release of the updated diocesan safeguarding policy Covenant of Care and Misconduct Protocol
- Photos and article about the 87th annual Reward pilgrimage
- Message to graduates of the Class of 2019 by Ryan LeBlanc
You can also stay connected with latest updates by following the Roman Catholic Diocese of Saskatoon on Facebook at www.facebook.com/saskatoonrcdiocese and/or on Twitter at @saskatooncath. Questions? Please contact Communications Coordinator Kiply Lukan Yaworski at (306) 659-5844 or email@example.com
* Employment Opportunity: – St. Thomas More College Administrative Assistant and Receptionist Permanent Full-time: St. Thomas More College in Saskatoon seeks an Administrative Assistant and Receptionist to provide clerical and administrative support to the Associate Dean and to act as an ambassador for the College by dealing directly with students, faculty, staff, and visitors to the General Office. Reporting to the Associate Dean, the Receptionist provides support to the Dean’s Office by preparing written documents; managing facility room bookings and calendars; arranging meetings; distributing memos, meeting minutes, and mail; photocopying, faxing and organizing education-related materials. Qualifications:graduation from a post-secondary degree or diploma program in business administration; well-organized with strong interpersonal skills; and seeks a challenging opportunity in a Catholic college federated with the University of Saskatchewan. For more information on this position, please visit the St. Thomas More College website at stmcollege.ca We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits commensurate with education, training, and experience. To apply please submit your cover letter, résumé, and three references, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin by July 12, 2019 but will continue to be accepted until a suitable candidate has been appointed. While we appreciate all interest in the position, only candidates chosen to be interviewed will be contacted.
* Unplanned, the movie, will be shown at a number of theatres in Canada as part of a limited Canadian release July 12-18. Unplanned is the true story of Abby Johnson who worked for eight years at Planned Parenthood in the United States. She walked away from her job after witnessing an ultrasound-guided abortion. She has become a pro-life advocate ever since. Abby Johnson has helped some 500 abortion workers quit the industry. This movie is rated 14-plus (disturbing content). Please watch for updates of dates/ times in your local area:
Saskatoon: Cineplex Scotiabank Theatre:
Saturday, July 13:10:45 am; 1:30 pm; 4:10 pm; 7:00 pm; 9:45 pm.
Sunday, July 14:10:50 am; 1:30 pm ; 4:10 pm; 7:00 pm; 9:45 pm.
Monday July 15, Tuesday July 16, Wednesday, July 17 and Thursday July 18: 1:30 pm; 4:10 pm; 7:00 pm; 9:45 pm.
Lloydminster May Theatre:
Friday, July 12 to Thursday, July 18: 6:45 pm and 9:05 pm
Matinees on Sat. July 13 and Sun. July 14: 12:45 pm and 3:05 pm
Regina: Cineplex Cinemas Normanview, July 12-18
Kamsack: Kamsack Playhouse Theatre, July 12-14
Find more information at: https://www.unplannedfilm.com/canada
* Are you hurting because of an abortion? Rachel’s Vineyard offers healing and support for those dealing with post-abortion grief and trauma. The next weekend retreat in Saskatchewan will be held Oct. 18-20. For registration or confidential information contact Elaine at (306) 480-8911 or email@example.com
* No one should face an unplanned pregnancy alone. Pregnancy Options Centre in Saskatoon is a safe place for those dealing with a pregnancy. Find information, resources and support by contacting Pregnancy Options at (306) 665-7550 or call/text (306) 261-2760 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.saskatoonpregnancy.com
Marriage prep will be offered at Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish, in Martensville March 20 and 21, 2020. Register at email@example.com
Carrying the Burden of Trauma Workshop, September 12-13, 2019 – Have you been directly or indirectly affected by trauma? InterChurch Health Ministries – Saskatchewan (ICHM-SK) invites you to participate in presenter Tim Neubauer’s upcoming workshop, “Carrying the Burden of Trauma: Psychological First Aid & Spiritual Support in Times of Crisis.” The cost is $60 ($50 for members of partner congregations). The workshop will take place Sept.12-13 (Thursday evening and all day Friday). For more information, visit www.ichm-sk.ca
Previous Announcements –
* EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Custodian and Grounds Keeper – St. John Bosco parish in Saskatoon is looking for a quarter time custodian and grounds keeper starting August 1, 2019. Responsibilities include cleaning of office and church buildings, snow removal, lawn care and general maintenance of facilities. Please send resumés to firstname.lastname@example.org to St. John Bosco, 1202 Avenue O South, S7M 2T6, by July 26. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience in accordance with the Diocesan Grid.
* The 100th Anniversary of Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church will be celebrated 2 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 11 with Mass celebrated by Bishop Mark Hagemoen and Fr. Colin Roy. Please bring food to share at the potluck. The first church was built of logs and mud in 1904. As the pioneers settled on their homesteads, this little church was no longer big enough. In 191 the present church building was started, and was finished in 1919: located 7.5 miles east of Smuts, or nine miles north of Prud’homme.
Walking With Our Sisters closing ceremony at Batoche will be held Aug. 15-18 during regular operating hours for the historic site. WWOS is a grassroots, completely volunteer, Indigenous-led art installation and ceremony. It features 1,800 handmade moccasin uppers (vamps) honouring missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls that has traveled across Canada and is now coming to a close. For more information, including how to volunteer, donate produce from your garden, or provide equipment go to: https://bit.ly/2IRF3F3or follow on Facebook at: https://m.facebook.com/WWOSBatoche2019/or contact Myron Rogal at the Catholic Pastoral Centre in Saskatoon (306) 659-5841 or email@example.com
Life in the Spirit seminar will be held Sept. 6-8, 2019 at St. Paul’s Co-Cathedral, 720 Spadina Crescent East, Saskatoon, SK, with Fr. Nestor Silva, OMI, as spiritual director, assisted by BLD (Open to Spirit to God) Vancouver. Please contact Arnel Mendoza at ammphil888@yahoo,com or 306-978-0519 (h) or 306-260-5249 (c) or Sr. Pinky Aquino at firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-202-8094 (c) for more information or to register. Schedule: Friday, Sept 6 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday, Sept, 7 from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and Sunday Sept. 8 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. “You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be my witnesses to the ends of the earth.” – ACTS 1:8
The Saskatchewan Call for Conscience 2019 Campaign is still collecting letters to send the provincial government. If you have not yet signed or written a letter, please go online to www.Canadiansforconscience.caand sign an online letter asking government to enact legislation to protect healthcare professionals from being forced to participate in ending a patient’s life through physician-assisted suicide or euthanasia (known as Medical Aid in Dying or MAID). For more information contact John Cook (306) 477-1748.
Garage Sale Donations – Donations are needed for the annual Pure Witness Garage Sale being held Aug. 22-24 at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish in Saskatoon. Household items, toys, clothing, sports equipment, furniture, games, books, anything you’ve been wanting to get rid of, we are happy to receive! All proceeds from the garage sale go towards the mission of Pure Witness Ministries. Please contact Laura for information about how to drop off items, starting July 3: e-mail: email@example.com or call/ text: (306) 717-7868.
* Blumenfeld Pilgrimage Site – Throughout the summer, the historic Saints Peter and Paul Church and Our Lady of Sorrows Shrine will be open to visitors on Sunday afternoons from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. The Blumenfeld Pilgrimage Site is located 16 km south and 6 km east of Leader just off Hwy 21. For more details see: http://blumenfeldheritage.jigsy.com
British Columbia Sacred Music Symposium will be held Aug. 2 to 4, 2019, at Sts. Joachim and Ann Parish, 2827-273 Street, Aldergrove, (Langley), BC. The B.C. Sacred Music Symposium is an annual gathering of those with an interest in Sacred Music, especially Gregorian chant and Renaissance polyphony. See the website at: https://bcsacredmusicsymposium.comor call (604) 857-1944.
Ministry to Tourism presents Germany with Oberammergau Passion Play,June 1-13, 2020; a Crystal cruise to the “Land of the Midnight Sun”with the Fjords of Norway, beyond the Arctic Circle and an option for more of Scandinavia, Poland and St. Petersburg departing from London June 19, 2020. Now only available by request: waiting lists may be necessary. Fr. Ralph Kleiter has also designed a pre-tour May 24 to June 2, 2020, to Paris and Lourdes, a limited, small party of 12 persons. For more information contact Fr. Ralph Kleiter, Ministry to Tourism, firstname.lastname@example.org (306) 244-3747 or see www.pilgrimjourneys.ca
* Rosary on the Steps – Everyone is welcome to join us to pray the Rosary on the Steps every Thursday evening at 7:00 pm at St. Paul’s Co-Cathedral, 720 Spadina Cres. E., Saskatoon beginning June 6 to September 26. Let’s fill the steps! Join us to pray for priests/vocations, peace in the world, and our own personal intentions. In case of inclement weather, we will move to the welcome area of the church.
Catholic Hospital Chaplaincy: Spiritual Care is still available at all of our hospitals in the city, thanks to support from generous donors. Regardless of whether your stay is long or short, planned or an emergency, please request spiritual care when in hospital in Saskatoon:
- For patients at Saskatoon City or Royal University Hospitals, please contact Jackie Saretsky at the Catholic Pastoral Centre by phone at (306) 659-5839 or (306) 292-5531 or by e-mail: email@example.com. (The diocesan Hospital Chaplaincy Office is funded by the Bishop’s Annual Appeal.)
- For patients at St. Paul’s Hospital, please ask at the nursing desk, or phone (306) 655-5000 and ask to connect to Spiritual Care.
Teens invited to come experience Ignite with FacetoFace Ministries:Ignite is a week-long summer camp for teens who are desiring to grow in holiness. FacetoFace Ministries is hosting 3 Ignite camps across Western Canada this 2019 summer for teens going into grade 9 through graduating grade 12. A week at Ignite can be life-changing through the impact of amazing people, excellent Catholic content, epic large group games, and daily prayer and Sacraments. Find out more at www.f2f.ca/ignite
St. Brieux Parish Centennial Celebration: Saturday, July 27, Mass 10:00 a.m. Lunch to follow at the Rec Centre. This event will be catered by GOOD TO Go. Lunch tickets are available at Lifewise, 303 Main St, Saint Brieux, SK S0K 3V0, (306) 275-2223 — cash or cheque only please. Cost: 5 years and under free, 6-10 years: $15, 11 and up, $25.00.
* Summer Masses at Holy Rosary Shrine. The historic Holy Rosary Church and Shrine is located 3 kilometres south of the hamlet of Reward, SK. There will once again be Summer Masses held at the Holy Rosary Shrine Church at Reward on Saturday evenings at 7:30 p.m. on the following dates: August 3, August 17, August 31, and September 14. (Please note that here will be NO Saturday Evening Masses at St. Peter’s Church in Unity on any of those weekends.)
* The Mount Carmel Pilgrimagewill be held on Sunday, July 21 this year. Mass begins at 10:45. Bishop Mark Hagemoen is the presider. Mass is preceded by the rosary and confessions. Bring along a picnic lunch, and chair or blanket to sit on, if you wish. The afternoon program includes the Stations of the Cross. The Mount Carmel pilgrimage site is located about 5.2 km north of Carmel, SK (west of Humboldt).
* St. Laurent Pilgrimage – The 140th Annual Pilgrimage to Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine at St. Laurent, SK (north east of Duck Lake will be held July 15-16, with events also held on Aug. 15and Sept. 8, 2019. The Shrine is located 12 km directly east of Duck Lake on grid road; or take the road from the statue landmark on Highway 11.
Please note: Through out the summer from July 7 to Sept. 1, weekday Mass will be celebrated at the historic shrine at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday Mass at 4 p.m.
The 2019 St. Laurent pilgrimage schedule is:
Monday, July 15
- 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. – Charismatic Prayer (log church)
- 6 p.m. – Penitential Celebration
- 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. – Priests available for confessions
- 7 p.m. -7:25 p.m. – Marian devotion, Rosary
- 7:30 p.m. – Mass / candlelight procession
- 9:30 p.m. – 10 p.m. – Private adoration (log church)
Tuesday,- July 16
- 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. – Pipe ceremony/Mass in Cree (pieta)
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon – Mass in French (grotto)
- 1:30 p.m. – 3 p.m. – Mass in English, Anointing of Sick
Thursday, August 15
- 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. – Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, Adoration (grotto)
- 6 p.m. – 6:45 pm – Guest speaker
- 6:45 p.m. – 7:15 p.m. – Marian prayer / Rosary (grotto)
- 6:45 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. – Priests available for confession
- 7:30 p.m. – Mass and candlelight procession
Sunday, September 8
- 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. – Marian prayer / rosary
- 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. – Priests available for confessions
- 7 p.m. – 8 p.m. – Mass and candlelight presentation
- 8:30 p.m. – Birthday cake and coffee
(Please bring a long stemmed rose to present to Mary before Mass – roses can also be purchased on site)
For more information about the St. Laurent pilgrimage, see: www.padiocese.ca/st-laurent-shrine or phone Blessed Sacrament Parish in Duck Lake, SK at (306) 467-2003.
* A bus from Saskatoon and Humboldt to the Rama Pilgrimage will be available on Wednesday, Aug. 14, leaving St. Patrick Church, 3339 Centennial DRIVE, Saskatoon at 10:00 a.m., with a second pickup at Market Mall, Saskatoon, and a stop in Humboldt to pick up additional passengers. Cost is $25 each (cash only). Contact Mila Bernacles at (306) 664-3695 if you wish to book a seat on the 56-passenger bus. (Remember to pack a lunch. If you wish to book a $13 chicken supper at the pilgrimage, call Mary at (306) 593-6120 before Aug. 2, 2019.)
* Rama Pilgrimage – The 78th annual Pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes at St. Anthony Church, Rama, SK will be held Aug. 14 and 15, 2019.
- Aug 14: Events begin Wednesday, Aug. 14 on the Vigil of Mary’s Assumption with the Chaplet of Divine Mercy at the Grotto at 2:45 p.m. and Stations of the Cross at 3:15 p.m. Supper will be available at 4:30 p.m. for $13 each, but must be booked before Aug. 2 by calling (306) 593-6120. At 6 p.m. on Aug. 14, Hymns of Praise to Mary will be presented, with confessions from 6:00 p.m. to 7:45 p.m., and Celebration of the Eucharist at 8:00 p.m. with Archbishop Donald Bolen. There will also be living rosary, candlelight procession and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
- Aug 15: The Rama pilgrimage continues on the Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Thursday, Aug. 15, with 8:30 a.m. morning devotional prayers to Mary in Polish; followed by 9:00 a.m. Mass in Polish; 10:00 a.m. Divine Liturgy in the Byzantine Rite; and then at 11:45 a.m. final Mass with celebrant Archbishop Donald Bolen, with anointing of the sick and aged, blessing of religious articles, etc. For more information see: www.RamaShrine.ca
Walking pilgrimage to Rama: There will be a walking pilgrimage from Yorkton to Rama, SK from August 11-14, with participants camping along the way. When the pilgrims arrive at Rama they will stay overnight in order to attend the Rama Pilgrimage on August 14 and 15. For details regarding itinerary, costs, registration, see: https://www.stphilomenawalkingpilgrimage.org or call (306) 527-2738 for more information.
The 7th Annual Mass for the Unborn will be held Sunday, Aug. 18, at Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine, St. Anthony Church, Rama, SK, beginning at 12:15 p.m. with rosary led by the Knights of Columbus before Mass. the event includes a procession to the statue of St. Gianna Beretta Molla and prayer. Participants are welcome to bring flowers to place at the statue in memory of the unborn. A lunch and program will follow in the parish hall. Guest speaker TBA.
19th Annual Pilgrimage to the Pro-Life Millennium Cross will be held at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 25, 2019, sponsored by the Knights of Columbus. Keynote speaker is Cathy LaFleche, Executive Director, Saskatoon Pregnancy Options Centre. The pilgrimage includes praying of the Rosary, pro-life displays, and a hot dog concession (by donation). Bring your rosary and lawn chairs. The 100-foot Pro-Life Millennium Cross is located 10 km northeast of Aberdeen, SK on Highway 41. For more information see www.prolifemillenniumcross.ca
* Update for Grow Hope Saskatchewan: The crop is in the ground and prayers for rain will continue to be welcomed. This year there are two Catholic farm families who have generously dedicated acres towards the project and donations have started to come in to sponsor those acres. The exciting part is that you can become a farmer today by sponsoring an acre or more! Whether you have a connection to the land or did have at one point through your family, Grow Hope offers a tremendous opportunity to learn more about farming today in Saskatchewan while knowing that your donation is quadrupled in providing food for some of the world’s most vulnerable people who would otherwise go without. Check out our fresh new video at: https://www.facebook.com/GrowHopeSK/videos/687211381712731/and continue to follow this year’s crop on facebook at Grow Hope Saskatchewan. To make a donation go to www.dscf.ca to donate or contact Myron Rogal at firstname.lastname@example.org or (306) 659-5843.
* Everyone is welcome to the Marian Movement of Priests Cenacle – all are invited to this Cenacle Holy Hour, which consists of adoration, the rosary, benediction, hymns and various prayers, 8 p.m. Thursday, August 1at St. Michael’s Catholic parish #18-33rd St. E., Saskatoon. A Diocesan Cenacle of Prayer will also be held at 3 pm. on Wednesday, Aug. 14, and at 3 p.m. at St. Paul’s Co-Cathedral, 720 Spadina Crescent, Saskatoon. For more info contact Edna at: (306) 382-1680.
The Development and Peace/ Caritas Canada region of Saskatchewan – Keewatin Le Pas invites you to the Campaign Extravaganza from 1 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Saturday Sept. 14, 2019 at St. Thomas More College, U of S (1437 College Drive, Saskatoon). The Extravaganza is an inter-active, engaging and festive launch of the 2019-2020 campaign, “Care for Our Common Home,” inspired by the upcoming Synod on the Amazon and Pope Francis’ encyclical Laudato Si. Keynote speaker is Archbishop Donald Bolen. Registration: $35 ($30 for members) Register by Aug. 30. For more information contact email@example.com – Find online registration at: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/extravaganza-campaign-launch-2019-tickets-62416377064
From Mourning to Dawn, the diocesan grief support group for widows and widowers begins the fall 2019 session on Tuesday, Sept. 10. Facilitators, who have themselves also experienced the death of a marriage partner, engage with participants on an 8-week journey of transformation and healing, offering support and encouragement for bereaved spouses. This program is open to participants who have been widows/widowers between 2 months and 2 years. Sessions are held at the Catholic Pastoral Centre in the Cathedral of the Holy Family (123 Nelson Road, Saskatoon) on 8 consecutive Tuesdays, beginning Sept. 10 and ending Oct. 29, 2019 held each Tuesday, from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Cost of this program is $35. To register or for more information, please contact Dianna Knaus, 306-382-0535 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Lay Formation – The Lay Formation Program in Saskatoon offers personal transformation through a deeper relationship with God. Lay Formation is grounded on three pillars: Catholic teachings, Christian community, and prayer/spiritual growth.Within Lay Formation, Catholics in a diocesan stream, an Indigenous stream and a Ukrainian Catholic eparchial stream spend time learning more about the Catholic faith, sharing their faith and life experiences, and deepening their prayer lives. It is a time of learning, a time for friendship, a time of discernment and a time of growing ever closer to Christ. Applications are now being accepted for the fall of 2019. Diocesan coordinators of Lay Formation are Jennifer and Blair Carruthers, phone: (306) 659-5846 or e-mail email@example.com or find more information online at https://rcdos.ca/LayFormation
* The Justice and Outreach Year (J.O.Y.) of Formation: Broaden your understanding of Catholic Social Teaching, engage in outreach and respond to the needs of our community in a way that respects the dignity of each person. As Pope Francis has said, it is our human responsibility to walk in solidarity with the poor. Teachers on continuing contracts with GSCS receive essential faith learning credits. Apply now for a September 2019 start. For more information, please the contact the J.O.Y. office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Watch stories of J.O.Y. at www.joyformationprogram.com
* Breathe – A Catholic Marriage Conference – Cat.Chat Productions and the Diocese of Saskatoon are co-hosting a Catholic Marriage Conference in Saskatoon, SK this fall, on Sept. 13-14, 2019.Beginning the evening of Friday, Sept. 13 and continuing Saturday, Sept. 14 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., the conference at the Saskatoon Inn will feature inspirational talks, opportunities for prayer, and time together as a couple. Whether you’ve been married for 1 year or 40 years, this will be the perfect opportunity to breathe new life into your relationship and receive practical tips and ideas on how to grow in unity, peace, and joy! Registration is now open.Find more details about the Catholic Marriage Conference, including the schedule and speakers at the conference website: www.catholicmarriageandfamily.com
Hospice at Glengarda– A “Close to Home” campaign is underway to raise funds to build Saskatoon’s first residential hospiceat the former Ursuline Glengarda residence on Hilliard Street in Saskatoon. The building will be expanded, renovated and furnished as a 15-bed “Hospice at Glengarda” to provide comfort, peace and tranquility in an environment that is as close to home as possible.
Other priorities for the Close to Home campaign include:
- Establishing Holistic Care Endowments to provide bereavement care, spiritual care and healing arts therapy to patients and families facing end-of-life, both in the Hospice at Glengarda and in the community;
- Establishing an Education Fund to enrich the skills of professional end-of-life caregivers and community members in Saskatoon;
- Undertaking needed renovations to the Palliative Care Unit at St. Paul’s Hospital.
For latest updates, more information, ideas for how to help raise awareness and/or to donate, please go to the St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation campaign website: www.CloseToHome.fund or e-mail: email@example.com or call (306) 655-5821.
On-going programs include:
- * Centring Prayer:Monday evenings – 7 p.m.
- Holy Eucharist: Wednesday afternoons – call to confirm Mass time – all are welcome!
- * Women in Ministry Luncheons:Monthly, 6
- * Knights of Columbus Brothers Keeper Breakfast: 2ndTuesday/month -7 a.m.; Aug. 13
- * TaizéPrayer:7- 8 p.m. Sept. 11
- * 24 Hours Eucharistic Adoration –4thMonday & Tuesday/month from noon to noon,
- Personal Days of Private Prayer and Rest:Call reception to arrange a suitable time.
Do You Need a Place to Stay or Meet? Consider Queen’s House! To inquire about booking space at Queen’s House, 601 Taylor St. W., Saskatoon, contact the bookings coordinator at 306-242-1925 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org contact the receptionist at 306-242-1916 or e-mail email@example.com
Spiritual Direction:If you are interested in having a mentor and companion to accompany you on your spiritual journey contact Sr. Adeline Behm at Queen’s House of Retreat and Renewal: 306-242-1916 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website www.queenshouse.orgto see a list of our affiliated spiritual directors.
* Triumph: Freedom Through Healing retreat, facilitated by a team led by Jerry and Donna Kristian, will be held from 6 p.m. on July 26 to Aug. 3at Queen’s House, 601 Taylor Street West, Saskatoon. This is a nine-day Christ-centered live-in journey of inner healing and discovery fueled by the transforming power of God’s merciful love, rooted in Scripture, tradition and prayer; anchored by the teachings of St. Ignatius of Loyola and St. Therese of Lisieux. The retreat equips and empowers participants with the tools needed to make noticeable and lasting changes in their lives – a path to true freedom through healing in Christ. Cost is $1,395 which includes program, meals and bedroom. For more information about Triumph, including testimonials, please see the website: https://www.triumphretreat.com/upcoming-retreats Register by calling Queen’s House at (306) 242-1916 or e-mail email@example.com
ART AS SPIRITUAL EXPRESSION with Gisele Bauche. Saturday, Sept. 21, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. $50 – includes lunch. Call (306) 242-1916 for information and registration.
JOURNALING AND WRITING AS SPIRITUAL PRACTICE – A four-part series with Shelly Manley-Tannis on Tuesday evenings, Oct. 8, 15, 22, 29, and repeated Wednesday mornings, Oct. 9, 16, 23, 30. Cost: $120 / 4 sessions. A minimum of 10 participants is required to offer these programs – registration deadline is Oct. 1. Please bring your own journal – all other supplies are provided. Call (306) 242-1916 for information and registration.
THE STORY OF RUTH: 12 Moments in Every Woman’s Life, A Creative Study for Women with Gisele Bauche and Janice Cook will be held on six Monday evenings, Oct. 21 to Nov. 25. Cost: $125 / 6 sessions. Call (306) 242-1916 for information and registration.
TRANSITIONS: YOUR JOURNEY OF TRANSFORMATION THROUGH GRIEF AND LOSS – A 3.5 day retreat with Sarah Donnelly from Thursday Oct. 17 at 7:00 p.m. to Sunday Oct. 20 at 1:00 p.m. Cost: $475 – live-in only. Limited bursaries available. Participation is limited to 9 people – register by calling Sarah Donnelly: 306-717-3707.
SILENT GUIDED RETREAT: “Come Away with Me”– A 4-day retreat with Dianne Mantyka will be held from Monday Nov. 25 at 4:00 p.m. to Thursday, Nov. 28 at 1:00 p.m. – a wonderful way to prepare for the Advent and Christmas seasons. Cost: $525 – live-in only – includes lodging, meals, spiritual direction and facilitation.
* GSCS Foundation is seeking a Director of Development / Executive Director– The Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools Foundation invites applications for the full-time position of Director of Development/Executive Director for the Foundation. For the full job description and more information contact Lesia Ostertag at firstname.lastname@example.org Submit resume with cover letter to email@example.com by July 15, 2019.
St Angela Merici Residence is looking for a casual housekeeper to work two Sundays a month as well as fill in for holidays and sick days of regular staff. Shifts are 5.5 hours. Cleaning and laundry experience required. Please send resume to Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools – Teacher Posting – Full-time Chaplain / Religious Studies teaching position at St. Joseph High School in Red Deer, AB. Start date August 28, 2019. For all details on this posting and to submit your application please refer to the Red Deer Catholic schools website: https://www.rdcrs.ca/our-division/how-to-apply