The Office of Family and Life of the Canadian Catholic Conference of Bishops (CCCB) has prepared a range of resources for the National Week of Life and Family, May 7-14.
The theme is “Love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another” (John 13:34). This week emphasizes the joy and beauty of family and life by highlighting various lived experiences of those in our local communities.
“Let us spend NFLW 2023 (7-14 May 2023) united in prayer, reflection, and action, demonstrating our active support for family and life. Indeed, families are ‘guardians of life’ when we love one another within our families and in wider society when we show kindness toward and care for the vulnerable and marginalized.” – CCCB news release
Find information and resources on the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops website: LINK – including a message from CCCB president Bishop Raymond Poisson: English / French
Prayers and activities for families and parishes:
- May 8 – Day 1 – NFLW Daily Prayers and Activities for Families and Parishes
- May 9 – Day 2 – NFLW Daily Prayers and Activities for Families and Parishes
- May 10 – Day 3 – NFLW Daily Prayers and Activites for Families and Parishes
- May 11 – Day 4 – NFLW Daily Prayers and Activities for Families and Parishes
- May 12 – Day 5 – NFLW Daily Prayers and Activities for Families and Parishes
- May 13 – Day 6 – NFLW Daily Prayers and Activities for Families and Parishes
Pro-life events in Saskatchewan:
- Saskatchewan March for Life 2023 will be held Thursday, May 11 in Regina. March for Life schedule: Rosary and Mass at Holy Rosary Cathedral, 3125-13th Avenue, Regina at 12:30 p.m. May 11; March for Life starting 2:00 p.m. May 11 at Holy Rosary Cathedral with a short program at the Legislature followed by silent witness along Albert Street. See: www.saskprolife.com/
- The annual Mother’s Day Walk for Life will be held in Saskatoon from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, May 14 in Saskatoon. along College Drive, between Hospital Drive and Wiggins Avenue. Life-affirming signs are provided and it is a family friendly event. Show your support for life and plan to attend.
National Family and Life Week Prayers of the Faithful:
- For those preparing for the Sacrament of Marriage, that the tenderness and guiding light of Christ may bring an abundance of grace and peace in this meaningful life decision and commitment, we pray to the Lord.
- For those living out their marriage covenant, that the Holy Spirit will enflame joy and perseverance in their hearts as a reminder of Christ’s living presence dwelling among them, we pray to the Lord.
- For families caring for loved ones through illness, loneliness, and old age, that the gift of life be cherished and that the endless care and compassion of Christ be embraced, we pray to the Lord.
- For mothers and families who mourn the loss of little ones, that as they journey through immense grief, the consoling arms of Christ will embrace them with support, healing, and kindness, we pray to the Lord.
- For persons with disabilities, that the goodness and grace of Jesus bring renewed ways of belonging to a loving community and flourishing of each person’s unique gifts and talents, we pray to the Lord.
- For those living with mental health challenges, including mental illnesses, that the Spirit of the loving Jesus accompany them through the valleys and peaks of life and may His still small voice of calm continually resound in their hearts so they know that they are loved and never alone, we pray to the Lord.