Indigenous Reconciliation Fund –
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Saskatoon, the diocesan Indigenous Discernment Circle and its Granting Committee are now accepting applications for funding projects addressing Indigenous healing and reconciliation initiatives as part of the national $30-million commitment by the Catholic Bishops of Canada announced in September 2021.
Find more information at: rcdos.ca/indigenous-reconciliation-fund and/or via the links below.
Indigenous Reconciliation Fund diocesan grant application process DONATE to the Indigenous Reconciliation Fund
All grants are to be made in support of local projects and initiatives of:
- Healing and reconciliation for communities and families.
- Culture and language revitalization.
- Education and community building.
- Dialogues involving Indigenous elders, spiritual leaders and youth with focus on Indigenous spirituality and culture.
- The diocese may seek support from or provide support to other dioceses and/or regions for projects that have impact beyond their diocese/region or are in excess of the committee’s budget.
General consideration and process will be as follows:
- Sourcing of grants is the responsibility of the Discernment Circle and board.
- All grants are to be made with Indigenous consultation based upon an assessment of the project’s merit and local value.
- All recipients must be registered charities.
- Projects and collaborations will be guided by integrity and align with miyo pimatisiwin and Catholic Social Teachings.
- Grants will be made for up to 5 years.
- Available funds are to a maximum of $250,000 per year over 5 years.
- Preference will be given to initiatives that support legacy projects.
- While the Granting Committee of the Discernment Circle guides the application process, approved grants will be made by the national “Indigenous Reconciliation Fund” directly to the recipient.
Discernment Circle Covenant Statement
(Download application form and submit to Indigenous Discernment Circle Granting Committee, Roman Catholic Diocese of Saskatoon, 2nd floor, 123 Nelson Road, Saskatoon, SK S7S 1H1, or via e-mail to: email@example.com for more information contact Myron Rogal at the Catholic Pastoral Centre, 306-242-1500).
NEWS - Discernment Circle unveils vision for national Indigenous Reconciliation Fund