(Updated May 29, 2020)
Public celebrations, including celebration of the Eucharist, were temporarily suspended in parishes of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Saskatoon by Bishop Mark Hagemoen in March 2020, in conjunction with directives and advice of federal and provincial health authorities. An update to the diocese was issued by the bishop on May 29, 2020 addressing Phase 3 of resuming public celebration of Mass with limited numbers.
A general dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains in effect.
A number of parishes are live-streaming Mass, with links published at saskatoonmass.com
Other directives and statements:
Heart of Jesus – Bishop Mark calls for fasting and prayer on Fridays: rcdos.ca/Heart-of-Jesus
“Please join with me in prayer for a rapid end to the COVID-19 virus. May God grant healing to those who are ill, and eternal rest to those who have died. May the Lord’s blessing come upon our medical professionals and civic authorities, who continue to strive with enormous effort and expertise to keep all of us safe.” – Bishop Mark Hagemoen
Resources and information:
- When to call the 811 Hotline / Self assessment (LINK)
- COVID-19 symptoms and treatment (LINK)
- Saskatchewan Coronavirus Information (English LINK)
- Saskatchewan Coronavirus Information (French LINK))
- COVID-19 Cleaning and Disinfection for Public Facilities (LINK)
- PHAC-infographic-about-coronavirus-disease-covid-19 / ASPC-a-propos-maladie-coronavirus-covid-19